top of page
Crossroads of st. Lyutneva - street Holovatoho - street Tolstoy has a significant size, the available traffic light object includes the related connection of the street. February 20 m from the main intersection. Between the stop lines on the street. Golovatoho is more than 120 m.
The traffic light cyclogram does not take into account these dimensions and does not have a sufficient intermediate interval between phases: vehicles (hereinafter referred to as vehicles) from one direction do not have time to complete the maneuver in front of vehicles from another direction, which leads to accidents and traffic safety.
In addition, there are conflicting intersections between turning and oncoming directions, as well as with pedestrians. Due to the complexity of the intersection configuration, each of the approaches has to be released separately, which increases the duration of the cyclogram and the delay time in each direction. Sewerage in the directions on the street. February, where there are the biggest delays in the evening peak is missing due to insufficient width of the roadway.
The main task was to find the optimal solution to minimize traffic delays and conflict situations using simulation computer simulation.
The scope of services provided included:
1. Calculation of traffic flows at the intersection by the method of field measurements at peak hours.
2. Execution of surveys of the site for geometric and technical parameters, features of the existing organization of traffic;
3. Development of the decision on the organization of the movement in the form of a ring decision of small diameter and its check by means of computer simulation modeling is carried out. The outer diameter of the ring is almost completely integrated into the existing dimensions of the intersection, taking into account the possibility of large vehicles. New pedestrian crossings and elements of cycling infrastructure have been added.
4. Development of an alternative solution with optimization of traffic light control and its verification by computer simulation modeling. It is planned to reduce the size of the intersection and divide it into two separate regulated intersections, controlled by one controller, added stop lines, pedestrian crossings and elements of cycling infrastructure.
5. Development of a pre-project proposal for the organization of traffic (drawings) in M1: 500 of the selected option on the basis of consultations and approval by the Customer.
During the discussion, the city decided to make it a priority variant of the ring junction. It is planned to develop a working project for this area and its implementation soon.
bottom of page